Monday, November 30, 2009

Big Shell


I had a lot of trouble with this assignment. I only got to spend a little more than an hour drawing it when we were supposed to spend ten. I had a project due for my design class that is going to be a portfolio piece due the same day so this drawing was unfortunately not top on my list of priorities.

In my critique I was told I did a pretty good job for only spending a little over an hour on it. I was satisfied with what I accomplished in the time I had to work with. Working on such a big piece of paper was really nice. I want to do some drawings for myself on paper that size sometime.

Some comments on my shell were that my line weights need more variation, especially on the inside of the shell, and that the top of my shell was really flat.

I agreed with both of those comments completely. I was trying to work so fast that I kind of forgot about line weight and I rushed through the top of the shell.

No comments:

Post a Comment