Friday, March 12, 2010

ESFJ

On Tuesday we all took the Myers Briggs personality test. I found out that I am an ESFJ.
My exact stats were:
Extroverted-1%
Sensing-38%
Feeling-62%
Judging-67%
According to this website (http://www.mypersonality.info/personality-types/esfj/) an ESFJ is as follows: ESFJs are social butterflies that value relationships, supporting and nurturing others. Never one to shy away from social events, they are often the host. They are great encouragers of teamwork. ESFJs are responsible, dutiful, observe traditions and follow rules. ESFJs have a deep concern for others and often end up as caretakers. They are sensitive to criticism and have a need to be appreciated for the good they do for others. ESFJs are understanding, generous, have a quick wit and a knack for composition and beautification.
I feel that this description is very accurate of myself. I also looked at what an ISFJ was like since I was so close to being that and I feel that could be me too. I think it probably depends on which side of the bed I wake up on any given day.
Anyways, everything that was said in that description is close to how I live my day to day life. I like to entertain and I do host or plan a lot of outings or things to do with my friends. I enjoy being around people and I do follow rules and observe traditions. Especially ones that require some kind of social event.
When it comes to my work I think this type makes me want to create pieces that people would find fun or interesting. I like the idea of people looking at my work and having a laugh or being eager to turn the pages to see more. I think if there is a downside to this side it may be that it could cause me to focus too much on what may be pleasing to others and then I don't have a distinct style of my own that I like. I may be too busy finding what is going to make people like my work that in the end I don't care for it.
When it comes to subject matter I think my type is going to make me want to draw things that people can get involved with. Something people could congregate around and discuss the oddities or funny little aspects. I want to draw things that people will look at and be intrigued or laugh.
I really don't know how my type would act in a critique. An extrovert would be vocal in their opinions. Sensing would make comments on how it appeals to their senses. Feeling may make it harder for someone to be critical of someone's work. Judging would want to see structure in the work, evidence that there was a plan before the work started.

No comments:

Post a Comment