Monday, October 12, 2009

Reflection week of Oct. 5th

So this past week we began working on drawing the rib cage and building the abs in clay. Images of my progress will be up when I charge my camera's battery.
On some drawings I feel like I am making progress but others I feel like a toddler with a crayon. It really depends on the angle of the model. I need more work on foreshortening as always but as always that should come with time and practice. Drawings where I have a view of the model standing up are better, especially straight on or a three quarters view. Still trying to get a feel where the arms and neck go from the rib cage. Also having some trouble with size. My drawings alway look so elongated like they've been stretched on a medieval torture device. I hope the proportion sheet we got will help with that, although if the head is drawn out of proportion then it'll screw up the rest of the figure. I need to look for more of the key points to give me guidance of where my lines need to go.

As for the abs in clay, I feel I did alright but I honestly have no idea. They may be a bit large but they look as close to the image in the book as I can get with my eyes. I found it a little difficult to get an exact match due to the differences of the manikins. Some of the places the muscles connect to the skeleton look a lot different so I connected it close to the area with a guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment