Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pelvis Week

Last week was focused on the pelvis. First we had the video lecture and then we had a solid drawing session. Sitting through the video lecture I found myself drifting in and out of a sort of daze. I picked up some of what was being said but I feel like it went in one ear and out the other at times. I was sitting in the back and it was a little hard to see from time to time so maybe that was it. Or maybe it was the guy's voice just being one of those voices that just puts you to sleep. Anyways my point is I feel like I didn't get as much from this lecture as I have from previous lectures. I think seeing Amy's lectures work better for me. I don't know if it's the colors, or the way she explains things or what but I hope we don't do the video lectures that much.

When it came to Thursday and actually drawing I felt a little like I was going in blind. I tried to get my gesture drawings done quickly but I kept falling behind and not getting everything done right. The last drawing we did was a bit of a challenge. I had kind of a weird angle but I was determined to work through that and force myself not to take an easier view. By the end of it I was pretty satisfied with what I produced. I could see parts that still needed work, but the fact that I know they needed work and what parts they were makes me feel like I am making progress. Other parts I felt I did very well on which also contributed to that feeling of progression.

No comments:

Post a Comment